Year 11 Mock Examinations December '20
Dear Parent/ Carer,
Year 11 Mock Examinations starting Friday 4th December 2020.
Between Friday 4th – Wednesday 16th December all Year 11 students will sit their mock examinations. When students do not have exams they will be in their normal lessons. Click here to download a copy of the timetable.
These examinations and controlled assessment are important because:
- The results from these mock examinations will determine the predicted grades that teachers report for students.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice sitting an examination in the subjects they study.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice following an examination timetable and arriving at the right place at the right time with all the necessary equipment.
- Evidence can be gathered to help teachers make assessments should centre assessed grades need to be awarded in the Summer of 2021.
The examination timetable is available by clicking here or below. Please read through it with your child to make sure they know what exams they have each day.
The timings of the school day have been extended for some of the examinations, please check the timetable for approximate times.
Please help your son/daughter to do their best in the examinations by ensuring that:
- Students are completing revision at home.
- Students arrive on time to all exams in full school uniform.
- Students line up sensibly in the playground before the start of each exam.
- As they enter the exam, students are silent, they put their bags and coats at the front of the hall and then take their seats as quickly as possible without talking.
- Students should have the correct equipment for each examination – at least 2 pens (should be black ink), pencils, rubber, ruler and any subject specific equipment necessary. This equipment should be kept in a plastic, see-through bag.
- Attendance should be 100%, and students should arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each exam.
- Mobile phones must be turned off, and either left at home or in their bags. Phones cannot be in students’ pockets during exams.
- Students know which exams they should be attending. Please display a copy of the exam timetable at home and ensure that your son/daughter has their own copy.
I hope all students achieve well in these exams. Good results should show students what they are capable of achieving. Poor results should encourage students to take responsibility for their own progress and address where they went wrong.
Please take the time to go through the timetable and code of conduct (available to download below or by clicking here) with your son/daughter so that they can maximise their potential and get it right in these exams. Students’ conduct in these exams must be perfect. Failure to behave in any manner other than that may result in non-entry for final examinations.
End of term arrangements.
Following the Mock examinations and the Achievement Assembly, Year 11 will finish at the end of the day on Wednesday 16th December, this will be the last day of the autumn term for Year 11 students.
Any student that misses any of their mock examinations will need to come into school on a separate occasion, we will communicate times to any individuals this applies to.
All Year 11 students are expected to return on Monday 4th January 2021 at 8.20am.
6th Form Application Deadline.
All 6th form applications need to be entered by Friday 8th January 2021. Please refer to the school website, by clicking here, for further guidance on courses and the application process. We will be writing to you separately to fully outline the Sixth Form application process.
Year 12 Taster Sessions will be happening at the start of January and the 6th Form interviews will be happening throughout January and February, students will receive a letter outlining their interview date and time.
Tracy Gray, Deputy Headteacher - Curriculum, Progress & Standards
Karen Marshall, Assistant Headteacher - Key Stage 4 & Head of Year 11