Year 11 Mock Examinations
Year 11 Mock Examinations - Monday 4th - Friday 15th December 2017
Dear Parent/ Carer,
Year 11 Mock Examinations – Monday 4th – Friday 15th December 2017.
Between Monday 4th – Friday 15th December 2017 all Year 11 students will sit two weeks of mock examinations. When students do not have exams they will be in their normal lessons. Please find attached a copy of the timetable.
These examinations and controlled assessment are important because:
- The results from these mock examinations will determine the predicated grades that teachers report for students.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice sitting an examination in the subjects they study.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice following an examination timetable and arriving at the right place at the right time with all the necessary equipment.
- Students can complete their controlled assessment and revision with the support of their teachers.
The examination timetable is available to download below. Please read through it with your child to make sure they know what exams they have each day.
The timings of the school day have been extended for some of the examinations, please check the timetable for approximate times.
Please help your son/daughter to do their best in the examinations by ensuring that:
- Students are completing revision at home.
- Students arrive on time to all exams in full school uniform.
- Students line up sensibly in the playground before the start of each exam.
- As they enter the exam, students are silent, they put their bags and coats at the front of the hall and then take their seats as quickly as possible without talking.
- Students should have the correct equipment for each examination – at least 2 pens (should be black ink), pencils, rubber, ruler and any subject specific equipment necessary. This equipment should be kept in a plastic, see-through bag.
- Attendance should be 100%, and students should arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each exam.
- Mobile phones must be turned off, and either left at home or in their bags. Phones cannot be in students’ pockets during exams.
- Students know which exams they should be attending. Please display a copy of the exam timetable at home and ensure that your son/daughter has their own copy.
I hope all students achieve well in these exams. Good results should show students what they are capable of achieving. Poor results should encourage students to take responsibility for their own progress and address where they went wrong.
Please take the time to go through the timetable and code of conduct (below) with your son/daughter so that they can maximise their potential and get it right in these exams. Students’ conduct in these exams must be perfect. Failure to behave in any manner other than that may result in non-entry for final examinations.
In order to support students with their preparation for the more challenging reformed GCSEs that they will sit in Summer 2018, all subject teachers are setting homework for students to complete over the holidays. Please ensure your child is completing this homework and has it completed and ready to submit to teachers on their return in January.
We will make the holiday homework available on the school website.
Last week and end of term arrangements.
On Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th December Year 11 students will be following an alternative timetable that allows them to have more time studying their option choice subjects, it is vital we provide this time for the students to cover the increased content required for the new GCSEs. Good attendance and punctuality over these three days is vital. The last day of lessons for Year 11 will be on Wednesday 20th December, this will be the last day of the Autumn term for Year 11 students.
All Year 11 students are expected to return on Monday 8th January at 8.20am.
6th Form Application Deadline.
All 6th form applications need to be entered by Monday 27th November. Please refer to the sixth form pages of this website for further guidance on courses and the application process.
Year 12 Taster Sessions will be happening on Wednesday 10th January 2018
Year 11 Parents Evening is taking place on Thursday 19th January 2018
6th Form interviews will be happening on Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Code of Conduct