Year 11 Mock Examinations
Year 11 Mock Examinations - Monday 26th - Thursday 29th March and Monday 16th - Friday 20th April.
Dear Parent/ Carer,
Year 11 Mock Examinations – Monday 26th – Thursday 29th March and Monday 16th – Friday 20th April.
Between Monday 26th – Thursday 29th March and Monday 16th - Friday 20th April 2018 all Year 11 students will sit two weeks of mock examinations. When students do not have exams they will be in their normal lessons. Please find below a copy of the timetable.
These examinations and controlled assessment are important because:
- The results from these mock examinations will determine the predicated grades that teachers report for students.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice sitting an examination in the subjects they study.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice following an examination timetable and arriving at the right place at the right time with all the necessary equipment.
- Students can complete their controlled assessment and revision with the support of their teachers.
The examination timetable is available to download below. Please read through it with your child to make sure they know what exams they have each day.
The timings of the school day have been extended for some of the examinations, please check the timetable for approximate times.
Please help your son/daughter to do their best in the examinations by ensuring that:
- Students are completing revision at home.
- Students arrive on time to all exams in full school uniform.
- Students line up sensibly in the playground before the start of each exam.
- As they enter the exam, students are silent, they put their bags and coats at the front of the hall and then take their seats as quickly as possible without talking.
- Students should have the correct equipment for each examination – at least 2 pens (should be black ink), pencils, rubber, ruler and any subject specific equipment necessary. This equipment should be kept in a plastic, see-through bag.
- Attendance should be 100%, and students should arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each exam.
- Mobile phones must be turned off, and either left at home or in their bags. Phones cannot be in students’ pockets during exams.
- Students know which exams they should be attending. Please display a copy of the exam timetable at home and ensure that your son/daughter has their own copy.
I hope all students achieve well in these exams. Good results should show students what they are capable of achieving. Poor results should encourage students to take responsibility for their own progress and address where they went wrong.
Please take the time to go through the timetable and code of conduct (below) with your son/daughter so that they can maximise their potential and get it right in these exams. Students’ conduct in these exams must be perfect. Failure to behave in any manner other than that may result in non-entry for final examinations.
There are also final practical exams on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th March for all GCSE DT, Graphics and Art students. These are also noted on the exam timetable.
Code of Conduct