On enrolment, normally at interview, all students and their families along with a member of the Academy staff read and sign the Partnership Agreement. This is kept in the students' file.
We believe that through individual commitment, self-discipline, integrity and respect for others, we inspire everyone to learn.
Southfields Academy believe that for a student to realise their full potential they must be supported by parents / carers / guardians working together with the Academy in an active and successful partnership. For this reason we ask you to sign your agreement on the admission form. This outlines the main ways that we, as an Academy, are going to ensure the success of your child. We ask you to support us in this aim and to take this agreement seriously.
We ask that you support the uniform policy of the Academy; smart and tidy appearance helps instill discipline and pride in appearance in student, and reduces the risk of distraction in lessons. A full uniform list is available elsewhere on this website.
We ask that you support the Academy by ensuring that your child is properly equipped each day for learning. Students should carry a suitable bag. They should come to school equipped to work and should have a bag, at least 2 black pens, pencil, ruler, calculator, diary, a reading book and other relevant subject specific equipment including mathematics, sports and art & design equipment, as needed. Examples of suitable bags and equipment can be provided on request.
We, as an Academy, believe in treating all students with respect and agree to provide:
- An appropriate curriculum.
- Access to quality teaching based on high expectations of student achievement.
- Regular feedback and marking of work.
- Regular reporting of student progress.
- A safe environement with high expectations of behaviour.
- A culture of praise and rewards for high achieving students and those making excellent effort.
As a student I agree to:
- Follow the rules of the Academy.
- Attend regularly and on time.
- Wear the correct uniform.
- Bring the correct equipment for all subjects.
- Treat all staff and students with respect.
- Be cooperative and helpful at all times.
- Complete classwork and homework to the best of my ability.
- Always put the utmost effort into all my endeavours at the Academy.
- Behave appropriately at all times.
- Act as an ambassador for Southfields Academy in the local community.
Parent / Carer / Guardian
As a parent / carer / guardian I agree to:
- Support the policies of the Academy.
- Ensure excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ensure that the correct Academy uniform is worn.
- Ensure that my child has the correct equipment for all subjects.
- Encourage and support my child's study.
- Check and sign the Academy diary on a weekly basis.
- Attend Parents' Evenings and other relevant parent / carer / guardian events and meetings (which are compulsory).
- In the event of my child misbehaving, I agree to a period of 'community service' as an appropriate sanction.
- Ensure that an up-to-date contact postal address, email address and telephone number are given.